Thursday, February 23, 2006

Apache Error: No installed service named "Apache2"

This is a common error with Apache 2 in Microsoft Windows Operating System.

Symptom:
The system cannot find the file specified. : No installed service named "Apache2"

Cause:
Some times Win32 Apache installation fails to create "Apache2" as a service. So, we have to manually do the task.

Solution:
Do the following from the command prompt.
1. Go to the command prompt.
2. Navigate to the "bin"
folder in the Apache2 installation directory and run the below command.
3. apache -k install -n "Apache2"

Now start the Apache service.


Lets Rock

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks a lot man.I would like to leave a tip.I first tried the command but it did not work.The service was not installed because i had another server using the default 8080 port.I them changed the port to 85 and run the command again .now it is working.
Thanks

Lod

maria said...

Guys u both helped me.
Thanks

maria said...

Guys u both helped me.
Thanks

maria said...

Guys u both helped me.
Thanks

Anonymous said...

how could i change that port?

Anonymous said...

Right here is the perfect website for anyone who would like
to find out about this topic. You realize a whole lot its almost tough to argue with you (not that I actually would want
to…HaHa). You definitely put a fresh spin on a
topic which has been written about for years.
Great stuff, just wonderful!

My web site; chapter 7 bankruptcy Florida